Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday is a good day to start something new :)


So, the first thing I should explain is that I am not ACTUALLY a trucker. I am a girl, but as far as that first part is concerned, I consider myself more of a professional driver than a trucker. What does a professional driver do when she's not behind the wheel you say? I am glad you asked!


The hours that I spend on the road are merely a means to an end, one that usually has me on a college campus taking pictures of students and putting them into FUN giveaways. This may be a little confusing if you've never encountered an orange polo clad FUN Enterprises employee, but it's really very simple. See, I work for an entertainment company. This company (FUN Enterprises) sends their staff to bring all kinds of fun to locations from the Atlantic to the Mississippi River.


The best part about my job is all of the travelling. In the past two years, I've driven through 26 states and worked in 22. This weekend I'll make that number 23 with my very first job in Virginia. The second best part of my job is the sweet rides I get from Enterprise. If this cherry red Chevy HHR doesn't make you jealous, then you've clearly never driven one. It is, in a word, fancy. And I'm not just saying that--I literally tapped the gas to pull out of the parking lot this afternoon and before I knew it I was zipping down the street. Very unexpected for this vehicle that looks like a strange cross between a PT Cruiser and a brick. The downside? Not quite as much cargo space as I would like. Barely any in fact, especially compared to what I usually get. It's going to be one of those "I can't see out of the back window" kind of trips -- love it.

2 comments:

  1. I do know that you are much shorter than your shadow lets on. It's a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just gets better every entry! Thanks for the lift.

    ReplyDelete